Jose Ortega PTA is an IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) nonprofit (tax ID # 94-3190930) that offers academic support and enrichment opportunities for Jose Ortega Elementary School students. Donations of any amount are welcomed, and every dollar you donate goes directly to supporting the students and the school. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
To learn more about how to get involved or to support Jose Ortega Elementary School, please contact Mr. Ben Klaus, our Principal (415) 469-4726.
Giving to Jose Ortega helps fund wonderful programs like:
- Academic Support
- Classroom Supplies
- Teacher Support
- And much much more!
Checks are good too!
Checks can be mailed to the school or left in the office in the PTA folder, or give to any PTA officer.
Another option is to use your bank's bill-pay option. Many banks offer fee-free bill paying. Use this to set up Jose Ortega PTA as a bill-pay recipient through your bank.
Jose Ortega PTA
400 Sargent Street
San Francisco, CA 94132
OTHER GREAT OPTIONS FOR GIVING!
Donate to our Teacher Requests on DonorsChoose
Our teachers have put project requests up on DonorsChoose.org where parents and friends may donate directly to fund their requests for classroom materials. Click here to see the current requests:
JOES is participating in "Shopping ... It's a Trip" at Serramonte Mall! Please shop at Serramonte, bring your receipts to the information booth and tell them you are with Jose Ortega. We get 5 points for every dollar spent! This could lead to a fully-paid field trip for all of our students.
Easy Ways to Earn Money for Jose Ortega
1. Shop at Amazon.com Click here or the Amazon.com logo to donate a percentage of your purchase to the Jose Ortega PTA!
(Remember, for this to work you have to go to Amazon from a link on this web site — don’t just type “amazon.com” into your browser.)
2. Shop at Sports Basement Sports Basement will give all JOES families an ongoing 10% discount. In addition, they will donate 5% of your purchase back to the school! Just tell the cashier our school name at the register to receive the discount.
Sports Basement is an outlet sporting good and outdoor retailer offering 10-60% off top brands, such as The North Face, Asics, Adidas, Timbuktu, Nike, Stride Rite and Crocs. Check out their warehouses at 610 Old Mason Street (Presidio) and 1590 Bryant Street (PotreroHill) or website at www.sportsbasement.com.
3. Collect Box TopsSupport Jose Ortega Elementary School by clipping 10¢ Box Tops coupons from hundreds of your favorite products. To learn more about Box Tops products or how to shop at over 70 online stores with a percentage of your purchases going back to our school, click here.
4. Connect a card to eScrip.com Register with eScrip: an easy, free, and automatic way to donate to our school every time you shop at Lucky Supermarket, Mollie Stone's and other participating merchants. Jose Ortega's eScrip Group ID is 6522390.
Instructions for registering on escrip.com:
- Click here to register
- Click on 'Group ID' and enter 6522390 or click on 'Group Name' and search for Jose Ortega.
- Once you have selected Jose Ortega Elementary School PTA, you will be prompted through several pages where you will establish a secure password and register your cards.
Ways to maximize cash back when shopping online:
- Ebates (see below) and eScrip both have a lot of the same stores. Check both to see which one provides the higher cash back at the store you’re shopping at and then use the link that has the higher cash back.
5. EBATES Sign up for Ebates (www.ebates.com) and add “Jose Ortega PTA, 400 Sargent Way, San Francisco, CA 94132” as the payee for “your big fat paycheck”
6. BENEFIT Sign up for the Benefit Mobile app if you have a smartphone, which allows you to purchase gift cards and redeem instantly for places you shop everyday online and in stores!
Ways to DOUBLE earn by using the Benefit Mobile app:
When online, click through Ebates or eScrip websites first for the store you’re shopping. When ready to finalize your purchase, check on the Benefit Mobile app to see if that store is available. Purchase the gift card and add that info under the payment info at your store. You earn cash back using Ebates or eScrip and again using the gift card purchased through Benefit Mobile.
When shopping Amazon, click through the link on our school’s website, then when ready for purchase, buy a gift card on your Benefit mobile app and enter that into the gift card payment section. You get a percent cash back for clicking the link, then additional cash back for using the gift card.
When shopping at Serramonte Mall during “It’s a trip” contest, check to see if the store is on your Benefit Mobile app. Buy gift card on phone, show cashier when ready for payment. Show receipt to info desk or drop off at the school’s office.