Jose Ortega PTA offers academic support and enrichment opportunities for Jose Ortega Elementary School students that go beyond the basics and cost a lot more than the limited programming funds available with the state and district budgets alone.
WHY WE RAISE MONEY
Donating to Jose Ortega helps fund our wonderful programs like:
- Art program
- Science program
- Academic support
- Classroom supplies
- Teacher support & enrichment
- School greening
- And much much more!
HOW WE RAISE MONEY
- Direct Giving: To contribute to our Ed Fund through a one-time donation or through regular monthly contributions, see PayPal link below. Donations of any amount are welcomed, and every dollar you donate goes directly to supporting the students and the school.
- Corporate Matching - Double your donation!: Many employers have programs through which they match charitable gifts made by their employees. Click here for a list of companies with matching gift programs. Even if you do not find your employer on this list, be sure to check with your human resources office, personnel department, or community relations office and get one set up!
Note: Complete the match process by visiting your employer’s internal giving website and selecting “Jose Ortega Elementary PTA” as the organization to receive the matching funds. You can look up the PTA by Tax ID or EIN: 94-3190930. Be sure to include ALL your families’ donations to the PTA this school year AND any PTA membership fees you have paid.
- Shop & Earn: Earn money for Jose Ortega by utilizing programs like Benefit, the Amazon link, escrip and much more while shopping. A percentage of your purchases are donated to Jose Ortega, with no extra cost to you. Learn More
- Restaurant Nights: Throughout the year different local restaurants donate a percentage of your restaurant tab when you mention Jose Ortega during our designated Restaurant Nights.
- FUNdraising Events: Each year we have the following fundraising events: The Ed Fund campaign and Walk-a-thon in the Fall and the Auction and Read-a-thon in the Spring. These events raise close to $150,000 per year to support our wonderful programs.
Checks are good too!
Checks can be mailed to the school or left in the office in the PTA folder, or given to any PTA officer. Another option is to use your bank's bill-pay option. Many banks offer fee-free bill paying. Use this to set up Jose Ortega PTA as a bill-pay recipient through your bank.
Jose Ortega PTA
400 Sargent Street
San Francisco, CA 94132
Jose Ortega PTA is an IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) nonprofit (tax ID # 94-3190930), so all donations are fully tax-deductible.
Remember, the deadline for making charitable donations for the current tax year is December 31.
To learn more about how to get involved or to support Jose Ortega Elementary School, please contact Mr. Ben Klaus, our Principal (415) 469-4726.