Jose Ortega's Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Join the PTA or renew your membership. PTA membership must be renewed each year. The Purposes of the Parent Teacher Association
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
President: Charlie Rauseo, JOESpresident@gmail.com
Vice President: Jimi Terrell, JOESvicepresident@gmail.com
Secretary: Tiffany Tatum, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Cecilia Chang, JOEStreasurer@gmail.com
PTA Committees and Committee Leaders
Grant Writing: Sheila Keating, email@example.com
Health & Nutrition: Maria Benton, MBenton415@gmail.com
Chinese New Year’s Dinner: Julia Lai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Science: Paige Nittler, Paigenittler@gmail.com
Community Building: Laine Yien JOESoutreach@gmail.com
Ecoliteracy/Greening: Sophia Hanifah, email@example.com
Staff Appreciation: Alana Toner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Fund: Dora Park and Amy Sheng, JOESEdFund@gmail.com
Technology/Website: Josh Brown, email@example.com
ELL Communication Coordinators: Winni Xu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Traffic Safety: Jaime Maldonado, email@example.com
Fall Carnival: Laine Yien, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising: Sarah Guzman, email@example.com
If you are interested in volunteering you can fill out this form.
The PTA needs volunteers for the following
(UPDATED FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR):
- Library - Our librarian Ms. Wong needs help from volunteers to return books on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If you can help, just come by the library at the beginning or end of the school day and she will provide instructions. This is an easy and fun way to help the school out as well as to meet many of our resident bookworms and encourage their love for books! It’s also a wonderful opportunity for grandparents, uncles, and aunts, even parents and their children to volunteer together. She also needs help from volunteers who can read Chinese and help translate Chinese book titles to English.
- Morning Drop-off - Volunteers are needed from 7:30-8:00am to help with traffic control in the drop off area in front of the school.
- Afternoon Pickup - Volunteer at pickup from 1:45-2:00 to set up traffic cones and help keep cars out of the bus zone and crosswalks.
Email: GoJOESVolunteer@gmail.com to get hooked up with volunteer opportunities!