Jose Ortega's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Officers
President: Melissa Unzicker
Vice President: Jimi Terrell
Secretary: Sheila Keating
Treasurer: Cecilia Chang
Join the PTA or renew your membership. PTA membership should be renewed every year. Fill out the online form and use the PayPal link to pay your dues or pay by check or cash in the PTA box in the office. Forms are also available outside the office on the PTA bulletin board.
The Purposes of the Parent Teacher Association
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
If you are interested in volunteering you can fill out this form.
The PTA needs volunteers for the following
(UPDATED FOR 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR):
- Library - Our librarian Ms. Wong needs help from volunteers to reshelve books on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. If you can help, just come by the library at the beginning or end of the school day and she will provide instructions. This is an easy and fun way to help the school out as well as to meet many of our resident bookworms and encourage their love for books! It’s also a wonderful opportunity for grandparents, uncles, and aunts, even parents and their children to volunteer together. She also needs help from volunteers who can read Chinese and help translate Chinese book titles to English.
- Morning Drop-off - Volunteers are needed from 7:30-8:00am to help with traffic control in the drop off area in front of the school.
- Afternoon Pickup - Volunteer at pickup from 1:45-2:00 to set up traffic cones and help keep cars out of the bus zone and crosswalks.
Email: GoJOESVolunteer@gmail.com to get hooked up with volunteer opportunities!